Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart.
~John Wesley~

Monday, July 20, 2015

Girl talk and maybe a Modesty Monday||

Hey hey, ladies!! Just droppin' by to say how amazing each and every one of you are! I feel God laying it on my heart to share this with you. There have been some decisions made, by leaders of this country, that (in all honesty) horrifiy me. We, as a country, have crossed all the boundaries that God has set so wisely. What pain God must feel as we celebrate something so unnatural and contrary to His will. We've spit on the idea of the sanctity of marriage over and over again. I rub my eyes in disbelief of what I'm seeing. What is a man? What is a woman? Everything has become so blurred.  Every day the sun rises and sets, as the words Gay, Transsexual, Bisexual, Lesbian, etc. invade our vocabulary, I have become more and more aware of the incandescent beauty of womanhood. Womanhood as God sees it.




As I sit here and think about it, I've realized that you know... Considering how fast evil has grown and spread in this world, it hurts to think that I might have to tell my little girlies only "of the days" when women where attracted to men and men had a thing for women. Aggh!! It's just all so terribly backwards, ladies! Okay, I could stand on my soapbox all day and preach to you all the wrongness that has transpired... but instead, let's focus on all the "rightness" of being a woman. The little things that make femininity so breathtaking.

“I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and… I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn


I think Audrey Hepburn, pretty much nailed it in the above quote. It really is the smallish things that make being a lady so amazing!! We women are given such a beautiful role in life. To be the soft hand our husbands can grasp in the moment of their instability. 



God picked us; our bodies to be the home of  little people for the nine months of their lives. I mean despite the pain and grossness we have to suffer thru, it all makes sense in the end as we get to nurture and fiercely gently love the world's future doctors, presidents, veterans, policemen, and so much more.


We get to instruct our little girls on the ways of true ladyhood. And for our little men, we get to add a softer influence to their rambunctious selves. 


We were instilled with such a great appreciation of beauty. Roses, color, art, etc.



No man will ever understand the joy we experience when we find out that; that EXTREMELY cute dress is actually on sale! 
Or the simple satisfaction it gives us to stay up late with our girlfriends, solving the world's problems.


And only us ladies, will know how truly wonderful it is to have a good hair day. Or how dress-up was usually the highlight of every day. 


"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years."
||Audrey Hepburn||



And let's be honest here... Men, they make being a girl all the more special...


But it's even better knowing, that we are loved unconditionally, no matter our mood swings, cravings, and moments of wishing we weren't girls, by a Man that thinks we're to die for. A Man who took off His shiny armour to die for us, and to prove how ardently he admires and loves us. He thinks we're beautiful. No matter what, because he's the one who created us to be His women!! 
So as the lines get blurred, let's focus back on who we were meant to be. Women. 

"To understand the meaning of womanhood we have to start with God. If He is indeed “Creator of all things visible and invisible” He is certainly in charge of all things, visible and invisible, stupendous and miniscule, magnificent and trivial. God has to be in charge of details if He is going to be in charge of the overall design."
||Elizabeth Elliot||

As I mentioned, here is the little MM bit. 
Hat: I think it was Wal-Mart. It was pretty cheap

Dress: This is my favorite part guys!!! I got this dress from Target ( yes Target, the place you leave almost broke. ) for the grand total of $3. Whaaat? Contrary to what you might be thinking, it is in excellent shape for being marked so low. I also found out that it actually has pockets!! So weird thing is, my bestie pulled out this dress from the rack, after I had pulled the same one out in a size medium. The one I originally had was on sale for $8. But the small (the $3 one) basically was the same size as the medium. And as you can see in the above picture, the small was still loose around my waist. Basically a win-win in every direction. So I don't know if Target just really wanted to make someone's day, or if they're having some major communication problems within their pricing department. Either way, I'm stoked that I found this!! 

8 comments:

  1. Ok now.....THIS post is love!!!!! I love the way you wrote here...and the ideas you conveyed.
    Xoxo,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Audrey Hepburn.
    I love your dress.
    I love your gorgeous smile + beautiful self!
    I ADORE this post-so much truth!!
    And most of all I just love your beautiful heart in sharing all of this with us! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just perfect. Yes! Let's be women. As a matter of fact, let's be Proverbs 31 women. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaylee you're so gorgeous! And don't you bother denying it! I'm glad you're back home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe... Thank you for that darling compliment! #mademyday
      But... You have to believe me when I tell you that YOU'RE GORGEOUS too.

      Delete
  5. I love this post, I will probably say that about everything I comment on, but it is true!! I love this blog, I love your kindred spunky spirit!! I love your dress, the pics!! You are soooooooooo gorgeous! I loved getting to see you in Iowa at the farm! You are so sweet ! Katy misses you too! ( she doesnt look at blogs that much) but I will have to get her to read yours! She will love it! Girlee, you are so sweet and kind!
    XOXO
    mackenzie werner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl!! It made me so happy to see your comments in my email!! You're are way too sweet!! Yes, I miss you ladies ever so much too!! And tell your lil' bro that I had a blast doing the whip and nae nae with him.
      Love you, sweets!!

      Delete
  6. Yeessss! He still remembered it too! It was soo cute. I told him that you said hi and he go so excited! what can I say, your just a loveable person! And I love that Audrey hepburn quote by the way!! explains girls perfectly! hope to see you again soon!
    -mackenzie

    ReplyDelete

Make my day by leaving me a note of encouragement, a thought, or just a simple comment to say 'hi'

~Proverbs 16:24~
Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~Proverbs 3:3-4~

Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.