Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart.
~John Wesley~

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Under Construction

Forgive me.
Forgive me for all those times I saw you hurting but didn't offer my arm for comfort. Forgive me for all those times I silently hated the sinner instead of the crime. Forgive me for those times when I could've told you about Jesus, but the terror of man fell on me. Forgive me for not turning the other cheek. Forgive me for being selfish. Forgive me for being sometimes distant to all the suffering you're going through in your country. Forgive me for sometimes losing hope that sometime, somewhere, somehow, a Godly leader will arise and guide America back to the throne of God. Forgive me for the times I haven't stood up for you. Forgive me for withholding my compassion because I feel an injustice towards me. Forgive me for looking to my own interests. Forgive me for being sometimes callous to what God hurts for. Forgive me for not praying at the hour that I most need to. Forgive me for not showing you the hospitality that God so gently commands. Forgive me for my moments of passiveness. Forgive me for not caring for the least of these. Forgive me for not smiling Jesus' radiance as I passed you by. Forgive me for sometimes letting my pride get in the way.
Forgive me. For I am just a C H R I S T I A N  under C O N S T R U C T I O N.
"I've been lost chasing dreams of yesterday
Found my heart always leading me astray
So take these broken wings and teach them to fly 'Cause You're changing me from water into wine From water into wine" ||Chris August: Water Into Wine||


1 comment:

  1. O my goodness! This post was sooo heaart touching! I just found your blog and I LOVE it ,Keep bloging, and keep being a light for god!!

    -mackenzie werner, katy werners sis

    ReplyDelete

Make my day by leaving me a note of encouragement, a thought, or just a simple comment to say 'hi'

~Proverbs 16:24~
Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

~Proverbs 3:3-4~

Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.